Sunday, October 10, 2010

Bruce Trail hike - Fall Colours

I drove up to Markdale early on Saturday morning  to do some hiking with Atty and Colleen on the Bruce Trail.  The general area where we were hiking is called Beaver Valley.  The trail we hiked on passed several beautiful landmarks including Eugenia Falls and a rocky outcrop on a cliff face called Old Baldy (pictured below).  It was one of those idyllic fall days perfect for hiking.  It was warm but not too warm, the sun was shining and the sky was a wonderful shade of blue.  The blue of the sky was a perfect back drop for the fall colours.  The hike was about 14km long and didn't leave much time for photos but I was able to snap a few which are listed below.  I'll have to return to this area sometime on my own and definitely spend more time with my camera.




















No comments:

Post a Comment